2008年10月20日 星期一

貓與偉士牌


貓與偉士牌
A cat and a Vespa motorcycle



This phoho of a cat standing by a Vespa motorcycle was took in the motor workshop in Taichung. I go the workshop frequently to get my motorcycle repaired due to no trusted technician in Changhua.

The first Vespa motorcycle I ride is my father's precious. The first time I try to take it out, I broke its wind shield. Fortunately, my father was not blame on me. I got my motorcycle riding license by this Vespa motorcycle.

When I started to work in Taipei, I bought a Vespa ET-8 (We call ET-8 but ET-4 in Taiwan because the pronunciation of 4 in Chinese is not good meaning.) to get around the city. I love the quite sound and the powerful acceleration of engine of ET-8, and especially its integrated steel body.

In recent years, the agent of Vespa in Taiwan is reluctant to import more new Vespa motorcycles in some reasons. Rumor has it that the boss of the agent have great interest from steelmaking. There is one important reason that the strong European dollars raising from 1:30 to new Taiwan dollars in 2000 up to 1:40 in recent years. This means any European product in recent years will cost 33% more money in comparison of that before 2000.

沒有留言: